Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Friends Reunited


I couldn't think of a better way to begin my first blog post than with a recent trip I took with some of my best girlfriends. Last Friday, I met up with Lindsey Long, Lindsey Wright and Bridgett Meadows in Saute Nacoochee, Georgia for a weekend of fun. A conversation began about blogging the next Saturday morning. It was then that I became inspired to blog about my life and some of the things I love most. If you know me well, you know that I LOVE to cook. I also love sweets so many of my favorite recipes are desserts.  Lindsey Long suggested that I post a recipe every Tuesday and call it "Tasty Tuesdays". We'll see what happens with that...


Back to the girls trip. Reminiscing from college days, dancing to old rap classics, cheerleading stunts (oh my!), sunbathing, snacking on junk food at 1:00 am, and so many other crazy, silly things basically sums up our weekend together. The most amazing part of it all was how we had not been together since December 2008 but we seemed to just pick back up where we left off. I think that's how you know you have genuine friends. I am thankful that God led me to Valdosta, Georgia in 2004 and gave me the opportunity to meet these amazing girls (and thanks to Lindsey Long, I met the most amazing man I know...Brandon:).


So here's to many more happy times together as friends and the start of a new hobby..."Up on Blue Berryhill".

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited about Tasty Tuesdays!! Try not to make them too hard! Sister here doesn't do anything from scratch :)

    ReplyDelete